Voice fails during external connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

A customer of mine is having a strange effect and I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me.

The customer has OCS 2007 R2 Standard set up at one site. He has a second site which is connected via VPN and has a bandwidth of 10 MBits/s between sites. He also has a consolodated Edge Server and a Ferrari Hybrid-Gateway.

When placing calls through the PSTN or to workers within the OCS site everything works fine. When someone is contacted outside of the OCS site, no matter if via VPN or Edge, they can initiate the call, but after a few minutes the voice connection is terminated with the error "The call was disconnected because <Username> stopped receiving audio. Please try the call again."

We've tried several scenerios trying to find the source of the problem. What we have found out is that this does not happen when making conference calls. Which leaves me to beleave that there is some kind of problem in the communication.

We used the PreCall Diagnostic tool and the values where close to perfect (Network MOS: 4, Packet Loss Rate: 0, Interarrival Jitter: < 10). My guess is that for some reason the network connection has a "hickup". But I don't know how to test this and find the source.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gerrit (MCT)

If you think your to small to make a differnce, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room...
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• This could be to do with the way you have NAT setup for the A/V edge. If so this will help. http://blogs.technet.com/rickva/archive/2009/04/03/Configuring-A_2F00_V-Edge-Service-for-NAT.aspx
    Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    • Marked as answer by Gerrit Deike Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:37 PM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:00 PM
  • Please check the routing on your Edge server internal and external interfaces. Check if the traffic is routing using correct gateway or not. yo can not set gateway for both NIC cards in GUI . For external NIC card set the gateway going to NIC card properties and for internal NIC add the routes from command line.

Jithendranath Reddy
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 12:08 PM