I know this question has been asked before a long time ago but NO Answer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  This question has been asked before but no answer so I thought I'd ask it again since it's been a few years..

How can I replace the folder icons in a Picture Library with a thumbnail of a photo in a folder?  I know I can do something very similar in the 'getting started' list by using a 'Promoted Links List' does the picture library use the same type of methold? I'd like to see a thumbnail of one of the photos instead of a yellow file folder.

Thank you,

Joan

Friday, May 23, 2014 7:24 PM

All replies

• You've posted in SharePoint Legacy but are suggesting Promoted Links functionality which is 2013. So I'll assume you're actually using 2013 and posted in a wrong category. There is no out of the box way to accomplish this. I don't imagine there's an easy coded way to do this either. 

Andy Wessendorf SharePoint Developer II | Rackspace andy.wessendorf@rackspace.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:35 PM
  • I'm a bit of fan of: lapointes add-ons.

If you have these installed (free of charge) it is just a powershell command. (set-spolist)

check: http://www.falchionconsulting.com/PowerShellViewer/Default.aspx?Version=SPO&Cmdlet=Set-SPOList

ImageUrl False String

Sets a value that specifies the URI for the icon of the List.

Good luck!

• Proposed as answer by Michiel Hamers Friday, October 3, 2014 8:44 AM
    Friday, June 13, 2014 8:00 AM