IE9 crashes when multiple upload of pictures is selected in WSS 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using WSS 3.0 the first time. It is installed on a shared server at my provider. I created an image library. When I'm selecting Multiple Image Upload IE9 chrashes and displays the message "IE has stopped working". Searching the Interent I found the information that IE9 64-bit doesn't support Multiple Upload at all, but it should not crash. the 32-bit version chrashes, too. IE security is set to medium. 

Does anybody has an idea why IE is crashing?

Marcus

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Marcus,

There is a documentation about the WSS 3.0 supporting browser, There should have some compatibility issues with IE 9, but not updated in documentation.

You can try to use the IE 9 32-bit under the compatibility mode and check again.

And patch the SP1 and SP2 to WSS 3.0, then check the result.

If above all not working, you can only upload one by one, or select the browsers which is compatible with this function in WSS 3.0.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:15 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

thanks for the info. I know about the supporting document. This is where I found out that I had to use IE 32-bit for almost all functions that rely on ActiveX. So I'm using IE9 32-bit. I tried compatibility mode. Still IE crashes. It seems to me that the ActiveX control or the version of it is the problem. I have Office 2007. On a nother machine with Ofice 2010 and Win7 it works. It might be also a problem with another Add-On. I just found out that the problem with the non-working menus (only IE 32-bit) is due to a conflict with the DivX Add-on.

Upload one by one is not an option for some hundred pictures. I was laughing out loud when I read the same statement from MS in the supporting document. Yes, if your car can't make turns you need to push it a round inch by inch.

Marcus

Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:47 PM