Appointments with option Working Elsewhere not visible in Scheduling Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with appointments that have the Show As option as "Working Elsewhere".  When someone tries to use the scheduling assistant and selects someone who has an appointment set to "Working Elsewhere" the appointment is not visible at all in Scheduling Assistant. If the person changes the appointment to Busy or Out of Office is becomes visible again to the person using Scheduling Assistant. Outlook 2013 and Exchange Server 2010 with the latest updates installed are being used in our Environment. Is this type of behaviour by design or is it something else like using Exchange 2010 that doesn't support it fully?
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• How does it look from OWA? In Exchange Online it works as expected, if I don't forget I will test it with Exchange 2013 on-prem tomorrow as well.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research and test, the WorkingElsewhere field is applicable for clients that target Exchange Online and versions of Exchange starting with Exchange Server 2013.

Between outlook 2013 clients and mailbox being on Exchange 2010, the meeting invite would show as "Working Elsewhere" for each of the attendees in their respective calendars but does not show any information regarding other attendee who accepted the meeting request.

Thus, the Working Elsewhere field is visible in attendees’ Schedule Assistant with outlook 2013 and mailbox on Exchange 2013. Here is an article talked about it:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.legacyfreebusystatus

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.legacyfreebusystatus(v=exchg.80).aspx

Regards,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:45 AM
  • Seems Winnie is correct, I can repro this with my work account (Exchange 2010 SP3).
    Friday, January 9, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Thanks guy's.

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:20 AM
  • The only issue I have is this used to work in my Exchange 2010 / Outlook 2013 environment and somewhere along the way it stopped working.  It was pointed out to me recently - in the last 30 days - but I don't know when it stopped working. 

When I say working, I mean it used to show up in other Outlook 2013 clients when they were using the scheduling assistant.  If an employee had the day marked working elsewhere, all could see it via Outlook 2013 Scheduling Assistant. 

I think and Exchange or Outlook update broke it.

Monday, June 8, 2015 3:19 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue in my environment (exchange 2013 with outlook 2013). This issue only seems to occur when users are not on the same mailboxserver. The Microsoft engineer can reproduce this issue so it seems like a bug.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Niels,

I too am experiencing this issue with Exchange 2013 CU 7 and Outlook 2013. Only users on the same server are able to get Working Elsewhere events through the Scheduling Assistant. Users on separate mailbox servers cannot see events that are set for "Working Elsewhere". You said a Microsoft engineer reproduced the issue, was a fix provided?

Yehoshua | RHCT - RHEL5 | MCSE - 2K3 | MCTS - Exchange 2007 | MCTS - Vista - Configuration | MCDST

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Niels,

I too am experiencing this issue with Exchange 2013 CU 7 and Outlook 2013. Only users on the same server are able to get Working Elsewhere events through the Scheduling Assistant. Users on separate mailbox servers cannot see events that are set for "Working Elsewhere". You said a Microsoft engineer reproduced the issue, was a fix provided?

Yehoshua | RHCT - RHEL5 | MCSE - 2K3 | MCTS - Exchange 2007 | MCTS - Vista - Configuration | MCDS

Joshua,

I am also facing same issue with Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013 , did you find any resolution for this . if yes may i know how to fix this bug can you please provide me the troubleshooting steps.

Sampra 

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Same issue here with a customer running Ex2013 on prem and Office 2016, upgraded from Office 2007 a few weeks ago. User mailbox and test mailbox are on the same server, i'm now up to editor permissions on his calendar and the scheduling assistant still only shows a grey area which is very hard to recognize.

Whereas in the calendar, it works as expected:
    - with availability only (default setting), i can obviously only see it marked white and it says "Free"
    - with limited details i can only see it marked white and it says "Home Office"
    - with editor i can see it as working elsewhere with the calendar slightly dotted for the duration of the entry

FYI: this behaviour has been documented by Add-On in their KB related to their Resource Central product: https://www.add-on-support.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/445/2/kb0103---availability-of-appointments-with-working-elsewhere-status-cannot-be-retrieved

But in my case they do not use RC, so i'm out of ideas.
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 3:40 PM
  • Thank you Niels,

your hint was/is the source of my problem. But for me, all people were located on the same Mailboxserver but in different databases.

It is a shame, that this is still a Problem in Ex2013 CU 7 ...

thank you
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:40 AM