none
Windows 10 AutoPlay - AutoPlay Policies GPO

Question

• I have these settings set in Group Policy, linked at the domain level, filtered to Authenticated Users.

GPRESULT shows the policy applied.

But in Windows 10 settings, it still shows enabled.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Matt

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:18 PM

Answers

• Matt,

I have tested it again in a 1024 build, the same behavior. It seems to be a potential bug of Windows 10, I have submitted this to the product group through our internal channel.

You can also submit the feedback via Windows feedback App in Windows 10 by yourself.

Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Matt5150 Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:10 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 1:39 AM

All replies

• what's the build no. of your windows 10 OS?
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:46 AM
  • Hi Matt,

I'm able to reproduce this in my local lab with Windows 10 Enterprise, build 10586.29. It might be an issue on Windows 10 side, I will try to build a new environment and investigate it further.

Meanwhile, you might also want to try in the dedicated Windows 10 forum below, there we might get more experienced responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:52 AM
  • Hi Matt,

I'm able to reproduce this in my local lab with Windows 10 Enterprise, build 10586.29. It might be an issue on Windows 10 side, I will try to build a new environment and investigate it further.

Meanwhile, you might also want to try in the dedicated Windows 10 forum below, there we might get more experienced responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Thanks,

I had this problem in the previous build as well, but noticed it wasn't "fixed" in 1511 - b10586.

Glad to know I'm not loosing my mind. :)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thursday, December 10, 2015 4:06 PM
  • Matt,

I have tested it again in a 1024 build, the same behavior. It seems to be a potential bug of Windows 10, I have submitted this to the product group through our internal channel.

You can also submit the feedback via Windows feedback App in Windows 10 by yourself.

Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

• Marked as answer by Matt5150 Tuesday, December 15, 2015 11:10 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 1:39 AM
  • 2 years and still not fixed

nicholas hay

Friday, March 24, 2017 9:15 AM
  • Is this issue fixed now? I have the same GPO configure with Windows10 ver. 1607 and still facing the challenge with particular setting via GPO.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:47 AM
  • This is still not fixed with Win 10 v1709 - Can we please get an update on the bug report and where it is targeted for fix?

Also, keep in mind that this is just one of many GPOs that don't work in Win 10 even though the documentation states they should. For my needs Win 10 has been nothing but a hassle when it comes to GPO compliance!

• Edited by Forum11 Sunday, April 15, 2018 12:41 PM
    Sunday, April 15, 2018 11:19 AM
  • Am 15.04.2018 um 13:19 schrieb Forum11:
    > This is still not fixed with Win 10 v1709

.. and it is still the same answer, if you want to complain about it:
    use forum. If you want to get it fixed: use APP Feedback Hub

Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Group Policy - Cloud and Datacenter Management

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

GET Privacy and DISABLE Telemetry on Windows 10

Sunday, April 15, 2018 2:19 PM
  • Mark, that is not an answer. Back in late 2015 Ethan Hua (a moderator) indicated "It seems to be a potential bug of Windows 10, I have submitted this to the product group through our internal channel." That is an answer! Or at least a start at one. We should be able to get an update on that submission in this forum.

And as I also explained to you in a separate thread where you gave a similar response: The Feedback Hub is not well designed for business and enterprise systems feedback. It feels like handing an infant's Fisher-Price toy to a college student and expecting them to write their thesis with it!

Sure, people can also provide input via the Feedback Hub, as one of multiple channels, but that is not supposed to be the only way to communicate with and get assistance from MS. Your high and mighty responses only detract from the matter at hand.

Am 15.04.2018 um 13:19 schrieb Forum11:

> This is still not fixed with Win 10 v1709

.. and it is still the same answer, if you want to complain about it:
    use forum. If you want to get it fixed: use APP Feedback Hub

Mark
    --
    Sunday, April 15, 2018 3:24 PM
  • Am 15.04.2018 um 17:24 schrieb Forum11:
    > Mark, that is not an answer.

It is, because MS ignores bugs in Forum, it´s the completly wrong media
    to report bugs. Do not blame me ... use the right way to report bugs.

Mark
    --

Homepage:  http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch

GET Privacy and DISABLE Telemetry on Windows 10

Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Mark, I obviously can't speak for your experiences or what MS may have instructed you to do in Germany, but in the US I have had much better success with actual MS staff dealing with enterprise IT type issues in the TechNet Forums and Blogs compared to the Answers community website and now Feedback Hub app. Answers and Feedback Hub are geared toward end-users with local desktop and mobile issues, not so much IT admins with servers and domains. So while you may find Feedback Hub is the way to go, that has never been my experience.

I'll also add that I've seen reports go missing after some time in the Feedback Hub app, something I've never seen on any of the MS website based channels. It appears the Feedback Hub may purge items after a period of time, which isn't good in general, but especially problematic for long standing issues that span multiple versions. I also haven't seen a way to link to specific threads in the Feedback Hub. Combine that with all the vague, repeat yet separate reports that people post there without even trying to see if someone else has reported it and it becomes a wasteland. I can't stress enough how poor the Feedback Hub is.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:49 AM