Active Directory Domain Services RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 at home on a Dell Computer. My printer was working fine until yesterday evening. Now I get the message "Active Directory Domain Services not available." I used to have a home network, but not at this time. I have rebooted; unplugged the printer and reconnected it and I still get the message. What can I do?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:51 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please let us what program did you use to print, Microsoft Office or others? And, did the issue only occur when printed from Microsoft Office?

Meanwhile, please try the following:

1. Refer to Printer problems in Windows, run the troubleshooter and see how it works.

2. Remove the printer Device and Printer, add it and test the issue again.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 4, 2012 9:12 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, please let us what program did you use to print, Microsoft Office or others? And, did the issue only occur when printed from Microsoft Office?

Meanwhile, please try the following:

1. Refer to Printer problems in Windows, run the troubleshooter and see how it works.

2. Remove the printer Device and Printer, add it and test the issue again.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 4, 2012 9:12 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 9:52 AM
  • I am having the same problem whether printing from office, notepad or adobe.  One day it was working and now not.  the print spooler keeps crashing

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:42 AM