locked
TsManager.exe - Entry Point Not Found RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I've been seeing an error that I think is interrupting my in-place upgrade task sequence at the very end:

    TsManager.exe - Entry Point Not Found

    The procedure entry point GetWindowsDOClientSettings could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\CCM\lsutilities.dll

    If I click OK, it lets the deployment finish. However, I think it may be at the root of why some of these deployments are stalling out at the end. There's a lot to parse out in the error and I couldn't find much related material when I google'd it. If anyone has any ideas of what I should check, please let me know. Thanks! -G

    **EDIT #2** More troubleshooting...

    Being that the error was referencing lsutilities.dll, which is located in C:\Windows\CCM, I went down that trail for a while. I found that the version of lsutilities.dll in that folder was older than MDT 8450/ADK 1803, and that my SCCM site was running 1802 without any of the 3 hotfixes that had been released. I installed those hotfixes in order and let ConfigMgr update the clients from version 5.00.8634.1010 to 5.00.8634.1814. That client update also updated lsutilities.dll, but the problem remains.

    I have MDT integrated into SCCM, but at this point we're only using MDT for OSD. There are a few OSD items added, but no task sequences and the DP isn't enabled for PXE. I noticed that the boot image in SCCM has a client version associated with it. Though I'm not deploying OSD via SCCM, is there something I should be doing with MDT (reminder, this is only a concern for in-place upgrades) to make sure clients can find a lsutilities.dll file that they agree with when they finish upgrading to 1803?

    EDIT: A little bit closer on this now. Still following leads from smsts.log. Here's the block that interests me at the end of smsts.log. Red errors are in bold, yellow warnings in italics:

    ****************************************************************************
    Execution engine result code: Success (0)
    Cleaning Up.
    Removing Authenticator
    Cleaning up task sequence folder

    Unable to delete file C:\_SMSTaskSequence\TSEnv.dat (0x80070005). Continuing.
    Failed to delete directory 'C:\_SMSTaskSequence'
    SetNamedSecurityInfo() failed.
    SetObjectOwner() failed. 0x80070005.
    RemoveFile() failed for C:\_SMSTaskSequence\TSEnv.dat. 0x80070005.
    RemoveDirectoryW failed (0x80070091) for C:\_SMSTaskSequence

    Deleting volume ID file C:\_SMSTSVolumeID.7159644d-f741-45d5-ab29-0ad8aa4771ca ...
    Successfully unregistered Task Sequencing Environment COM Interface.
    Executing command line: "C:\MININT\Tools\X64\TsProgressUI.exe" /Unregister
    ==========[ TsProgressUI started in process 7100 ]==========
    Unregistering COM classes
    Shutdown complete.
    Process completed with exit code 0
    Successfully unregistered TS Progress UI.
    Sending success status message
    In non SMS staqndalone mode.Ignoring SendStatusMessage request

    RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram
    GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.

    End program:
    LOGGING: Setting log directory to "C:\Windows\CCM\Logs".
    Process completed with exit code 0
    Exiting with return code 0x00000000
    ==========[ TsProgressUI started in process 7044 ]==========
    Unregistering COM classes
    Shutdown complete.

    • Edited by Garrett B Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:33 PM added troubleshooting, questiions
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:27 PM

Answers

  • I found a workaround. I added a step in the Preparation group of the TS to uninstall the ConfigMgr client, then another to install it as an application near the end, and now these errors are not occurring.
    • Marked as answer by Garrett B Monday, October 29, 2018 8:11 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 8:11 PM

All replies

  • I found a workaround. I added a step in the Preparation group of the TS to uninstall the ConfigMgr client, then another to install it as an application near the end, and now these errors are not occurring.
    • Marked as answer by Garrett B Monday, October 29, 2018 8:11 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 8:11 PM
  • I haven't given up on this issue yet but... so far I am still getting this same issue despite doing a sccm client uninstall there in the Prep group (and reinstall at the end of the process). Next up I'm hoping to try a lsutilities.dll file rename (and name back later in task sequence) suggestion like I saw somewhere else. Or maybe I can find a newer/different version of lsutilities.dll to sub in. Context: MDT Upgrade In Place task sequence Win7Entx64-to-Win10Ent
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:57 PM