Adding a DLL to App-V 5.1 package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community,

we use an App-V package which works fine for years and now we need to add and register a DLL into this package. Thats the point where I am running into trouble.

When sequenzing I tried to modify the existing package and run the following command:

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe" "C:\temp\GenerateBarcodeAutomation.dll" /tlb:GenerateBarcodeAutomation.tlb
    "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe" "C:\temp\GenerateBarcodeAutomation.dll" /tlb:GenerateBarcodeAutomation.tlb /codebase

This is working fine so far and when looking into the virtual file system I can see the DLL in {AppVDrive}\temp\GenerateBarcodeAutomation.dll.

But when looking into the virtual registry I cannot find the related entries. Also the App is not working as expected when deployed to the clients.

Do you have any hints for me what would be the best way to add a DLL to the package?

Thank you and regards,
    Jan

Friday, March 23, 2018 8:00 AM

All replies

• Check your Sequencer Exclusion list. Maybe the registry paths are excluded?

Also check the sequencer report (report.xml), all files and registry entries that aren't captured are listed in this report.

Friday, March 23, 2018 9:04 AM
  • I would guess that your C:\temp is redirected to the user's appdata\local\temp folder, which would be excluded.  Either put them somewhere more normal or change the exclusion list (modify the LocalAppData entry to be LocalAppData/Microsoft).

App-V MVP & CTP Fellow. Author of AppV books: PowerShell with App-V 5, The Application Book, & Window Caching (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books)

Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:19 PM