Shared mailbox low bandwidth RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

After migrating to Exchange 2010 some markets/sites in our organization which are having lower bandwidth to connect to the exchange server are having issues in accessing shared mailboxes and shared calendars. Outlook freezes or takes a long time to open after users try to open shared mailboxes.

We have outlook 2007 as well as outlook 2010. So can someone please guide me in how we can optimise exchange server or outlook clients to improve the performance as it's not possible to increase the bandwidth in those markets?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Answers

• On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:02:15 +0000, Frederick Bastian wrote:

>
    >
    >Hello Everyone,
    >
    >After migrating to Exchange 2010 some markets/sites in our organization which are having lower bandwidth to connect to the exchange server are having issues in accessing shared mailboxes and shared calendars. Outlook freezes or takes a long time to open after users try to open shared mailboxes.
    >
    >We have outlook 2007 as well as outlook 2010. So can someone please guide me in how we can optimise exchange server or outlook clients to improve the performance as it's not possible to increase the bandwidth in those markets?

Reduce the size of the shared mailboxes and calendars.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:02:15 +0000, Frederick Bastian wrote:

>
    >
    >Hello Everyone,
    >
    >After migrating to Exchange 2010 some markets/sites in our organization which are having lower bandwidth to connect to the exchange server are having issues in accessing shared mailboxes and shared calendars. Outlook freezes or takes a long time to open after users try to open shared mailboxes.
    >
    >We have outlook 2007 as well as outlook 2010. So can someone please guide me in how we can optimise exchange server or outlook clients to improve the performance as it's not possible to increase the bandwidth in those markets?

Reduce the size of the shared mailboxes and calendars.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:59 AM
  • We have deployed the registry key to cache additional mailboxes in outlook 2007. For outlook 2010 we disabled the download shared folders setting. Now the perfomance in ok.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 7:32 PM