Microsoft Windows Vista 30-Day Eval VHD downloaded RRS feed

• Question

• i have just downloaded the above software to test out on my virtual pc setup.

i was wanting to check out the aero layout but i cant find it on here its just got the vista basic theme

it says its Vista Enterprise edition.

can you tell me if this version will show me the aero style it looks like it has everything else

i want to check out every aspect of vista you see before i make my descion to buy the software

can anyone help me set it up correctly to show the aero style or if this software acutally has it installed ??

thanks
    Simon
    • Moved by Anthony_Mann Friday, March 20, 2009 3:59 AM Wrong forum (Moved from Windows Vista Activation to Windows Vista Desktop UI)
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:57 PM

Answers

• Simon,

Aero is in Vista Enterprise, but there are many things that can cause it to not be enabled. First and foremost, your graphics card (or the virtual graphics driver) must support Aero. If so and you are using Remote Desktop to get into the VM, the "Experience" options must be set high enough (such as "LAN") in the RDP connection properties or Aero won't work. Finally, if you don't allocate enough memory for your VHD and performance suffers, Windows Vista will disable Aero.

Because this isn't an Activation question, I have moved this thread to the Windows Vista Desktop UI forum.

Thanks

-Tony Mann

Windows Client IT Pro Audience Manager for Web Forums
    Friday, March 20, 2009 3:58 AM