restore system problem!!! RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

I have an Hp and when i recently restored it back and from that time it does not boot up properly.

every thing in the start is fine till the welcome screen comes after which the desktop does not load this program starts up "HpHelpUpdater" which gets stuck at the end of its progress bar, the only way to go the desktop is to open task manager and close it from there. i have already tried to find the program on the startup list but it does not show up there. I even tried to close all Hp programs just to make sure but it still comes on when I restart or shutdown my laptop!!!

Can anyone help me out, thanx

Friday, December 18, 2009 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Faraz

I would suggest that you ask this question on the HP Technical Support Forums for any known issues with this program. They should have the information on how to uninstall the program or disable it from starting up.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Friday, December 18, 2009 6:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, December 25, 2009 2:07 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:15 PM
  • Hi faraz_999,

I agree with Ronnie that you should contact HP to confirm the issue first since I found some other HP users are having the same issue with this software installed.

In the meantime, you can try disabling HpHelpUpdater from Startup items by the steps below to check the result:

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2. Click the "Startup" tab, uncheck "HpHelpUpdater" and then click OK.

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 21, 2009 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Faraz

I would suggest that you ask this question on the HP Technical Support Forums for any known issues with this program. They should have the information on how to uninstall the program or disable it from starting up.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Friday, December 18, 2009 6:16 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:15 PM
  • Hi faraz_999,

I agree with Ronnie that you should contact HP to confirm the issue first since I found some other HP users are having the same issue with this software installed.

In the meantime, you can try disabling HpHelpUpdater from Startup items by the steps below to check the result:

1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2. Click the "Startup" tab, uncheck "HpHelpUpdater" and then click OK.

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

Regards,

Linda

Monday, December 21, 2009 6:53 AM