Disable Shared Calendar Notifications for Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I use a shared calendar to manage conference sessions with my students instead of using my personal calendar.  The permissions for my students are set to "reviewer."  The goal is for my students to see my open hours and when those hours are unavailable.  I set up the additional shared calendar rather than using my personal calendar.  

One of my new students, after getting shared on the joint calendar, has complained of getting all the notifications from the shared calendar and that all of the other appointments from the shared calendar are showing up on her phone and cluttering her daily calendar.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior?  Or another way to create a joint/shared calendar that would work with Outlook 2016 that doesn't have this issue?  

• Edited by pkrug539 Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:20 PM

All replies

• One of my new students, after getting shared on the joint calendar, has complained of getting all the notifications from the shared calendar and that all of the other appointments from the shared calendar are showing up on her phone and cluttering her daily calendar.

Hi pkrug,

Theoretically, Outlook only fires reminders in your own mailbox or default PST file. The reminder doesn’t work for shared calendar even if the user has Owner permission. In other word For a shared calendar, the reminder can’t be displayed. If you want to have a reminder for these sharing parties, please manually drag/copy these items from the shared Calendar to their own calendar as a workaround.

As per the issue described in your post, does this problem occur to the user's Outlook desktop client on Windows system? 

Please have a check in her calendar to see if meetings in the shared calendar are added to her own calendar. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:21 AM