"Replace the host header with the following" checkbox not available. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm stumped because,  I have 2 different setups on the same version of UAG (pre-SP1 but with hotfixes and Update 2 installed).  

In the the Web application (application specific host name) template  one enviroment does not have the "Replace the host header with the following".

The other environment shows this checkbox.  

Has anybody else run into this? Even otherwise,  any thoughts on what I might doing wrong or missing?

Thanks,

-Naraen

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:32 AM

All replies

• Are u sure that both applications are application specific host name. Can u recreate the application with the problem again using "application specific host name" template?

Rgd

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Pretty sure.   Yes.   Recreating has the same problem.   

Any additional thoughts?

Thursday, March 3, 2011 3:12 AM
  • So what u are saying is the "specific host name" template is not working on one of the UAG installations?

Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Thanks ZarkoC for staying on the thread.  Yes that is probably a good way to look at it - somehow the 'specific host name' template isn't working.

Anyways we took a snapshot of the machine and tore it down and rebuilt it from OS up.   That seemed to fix it.

Other ideas on what to do or some way to fix the 'template' without rebuilding the machine from scratch?   It might come in handy in the future.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:33 PM
  • http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2009/12/16/creating-a-custom-application-template.aspx u can check Bens blog about creating a custom app template

Rgds

• Proposed as answer by ZarkoC Monday, March 14, 2011 10:07 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 10:06 AM