Build a federation between the two farms and publish applications through the one linked to the WAP server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Our environment have 2 separate ADFS farm, 1 for publish mobile application and 1 for publishing web application. 2 ADFS farms are under same AD domain. both ADFS enables WebSSO function

And now I'd like to access 1 of the web application inside the mobile app which not require the user to re-enter the credential. I read the blog https://www.yobyot.com/aws/connect-two-ad-fs-federation-servers/2015/02/11/ which stated that it is possible to make one ADFS server a hub to serve our applications and users by supplying both local credentials and credentials from a 2nd ADFS server.

May I know if anyone has experience with similar case and confirm if the mentioned solution is valid.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Ken

• Edited by kenlhy Friday, August 26, 2016 2:02 AM
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Yes it it possible. Basically you want to relay through one additional layer of ADFS. With users comming from the same domain and the ADFS's trusting each other, it should be a seamless experience if done correctly.

Friday, August 26, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Any updates here?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, September 2, 2016 1:34 PM