none
Failover Cluster

Question

• i have two server and i suceesfully created failover cluster with hyper v on both server.

now i want add another server on same cluster means third server i want to add on that cluster

so it is posible to add third node on that cluster. if yes

so how i add that third node 

please tell me the steps..

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:06 AM

All replies

• Membership in the local Administrators group, or equivalent, is the minimum required to complete this procedure. 
    To add a server to a failover cluster
    1. Confirm that you have connected the networks and storage to the server you want to add. For details about the requirements for networking and storage, see Prepare Hardware Before Validating a Failover Cluster.

2. Validate the hardware configuration, including both the existing cluster nodes and the proposed new node. For information about validation, see Validate a New or Existing Failover Cluster.

ImportantImportant
      Microsoft supports a failover cluster solution only if the complete configuration (servers, network, and storage) can pass all tests in the Validate a Configuration Wizard. In addition, all hardware components in the solution must be marked as "Certified for Windows Server 2008 R2."

3. In the Failover Cluster Manager snap-in, if the cluster that you want to configure is not displayed, in the console tree, right-click Failover Cluster Manager, click Manage a Cluster, and then select or specify the cluster that you want.

4. Select the cluster, and then in the Actions pane, click Add Node.

5. Follow the instructions in the wizard to specify the server to add to the cluster.

6. After the wizard runs and the Summary page appears, if you want to view a report of the tasks the wizard performed, click View Report.

To view the report after you close the wizard, see the following folder, where SystemRoot is the location of the operating system (for example, C:\Windows):

SystemRoot \Cluster\Reports\

Source : Add a Server to a Failover Cluster

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Hi , yes it is possible , have a look at BeerEater notes and do not forget to unmask the storage to that host as well.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Yes it is possible. You just need to make sure that it can access the storage and then you can add it using the failover clusters administrative tools.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:38 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:58 AM