Windows 10 v1607 WSUS issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of computers that came with Windows 10 v1507.  We recently updated them to v1607 as 1507 won't be supported after this month.  However, the computers will no longer communicate with our WSUS server.  We do not have this issue with computers that originally came with v1511 or v1607, or 1511's the have upgraded to 1607.  We are seeing this problem on every computer updated all at once from 1507 to 1607.  I have run the Windows update diagnostic tool from Microsoft, but though it says it fixed various problems, it didn't help with this.

I can tell the computer to check for updates.  It will show updates and begin to download them.  However, at some point it will hang, usually in the 60 - 70% range.  Once or twice I've seen it go as far as 100%, but it doesn't do anything afterwards.  After a while, the list of updates disappears and only the "Update history" link is seen.  If you check the history, it will say no updates have been installed.

Looking at the event viewer for Windows Update doesn't reveal much.  There are informational messages for event id 25 (update detection) and 41 (update download), but that is all.

Has anyone seen this or have a suggestion?

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ken-Eddy County,

On the 1607 clients that unable to update from WSUS server, please install the monthly rollup manually, check if it could work after patching with the rollup.

To test, you may not install the latest monthly rollup, you may install a pervious one, then, check if the clients will detect and install the later one from WSUS server:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-and-windows-server-2016-update-history

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help? If yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Had not had a chance to try it yet.  But I will.

Thank you.

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:24 PM
  • Hi,

Do you get any progress?

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:13 AM
  • Finally was in the office today and tested this.  It appears to have worked.  Thank you.

It's a shame to have to do it, though.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:12 PM
  • By the way, the update I tested on the first computer didn't work on everyone. Several computers would error out with a 0x8007000d "invalid data" error. I just grabbed a different month's cumulative update, tried again and they worked (so far).
    Friday, March 31, 2017 4:04 PM