none
Migrating data from local file server to sharepoint online issue

Question

• Hi, I am having issues with migrating data to sharepoint online as part of Office 365. I am following this guidance :

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt210445.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I can prepare the data, upload it all fine to the Azure Storage, but when I try and run the spreadsheet it fails to migrate the data to sharepoint. The error I am recieving is :

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SPWebRequestExecutor.Execute()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Web.WebUrlFromFolderUrlDirect(ClientContext context, Uri folderFullUrl)
       at Microsoft.Office.Compliance.Ingestion.SharePointIngestionProvider.Invoke(IIngestionTask& task)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, February 29, 2016 3:20 PM

Answers

• You need to keep a copy of the Azure Location returned by the Set-SPOMigrationPackageAzureSource command to pass to the Submit-SPOMigrationJob commandlet. It won't work on just basic text, although you might be able to re-generate the AL value if you try.

Try doing one task without your CSV first and see if that works.

I'm working off a gentleman called Stephen Cummins's notes and he hit that problem. All credit to him if this helps.

• Marked as answer by cwadeuk100 Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:29 PM

All replies

• Are you including the credential value? I've heard reports that it is actually a required value despite the official guidance.

Also if you can post the PowerShell you're using it's much easier to debug, of course anonymise the details of usernames/domains.

Monday, February 29, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply, the steps I am using are as follows :

New-SPOMigrationPackage -Sourcefiles (sourcedirectory) -OutputpackagePath (packagepath) -TargetWebUrl "https://tennant.sharepoint.com/sites/bus" -TargetDocumentLibraryPath "Shared Documents"

ConvertTo-SPOmigrationTargetedPackage -SourceFilesPath (directory) -SourcePackagePath (directory) -OutputPackagePath (directory) -TargetWebUrl https://tennant.sharepoint.com/sites/bus -TargetDocumentLibraryPath "Shared Documents" -Credentials $cred

$cred variable is set as the tenant admin account.

Set-SPOMigrationPackageAzureSource -SourceFilesPath (directorypath) -SourcePackagePath (directorypath) -AccountName (AzzureAccount)
     -AccountKey (Azure Key) -FileContainerName (filecontainername) -PackageContainerName (packagecontainername)

I then remote use a CSV to run finish the move.CSV contains the following details :

Workload,File path,Name,Mailbox,IsArchive,TargetRootFolder,SPFileContainer,SPManifestContainer,SPSiteUrl
    sharepoint,,,,,,(filecontainername),(packagecontainername),https://tenant.sharepoint.com

This then validates, and click finish to begin the move and it fails with the above error.

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:01 PM
  • You need to keep a copy of the Azure Location returned by the Set-SPOMigrationPackageAzureSource command to pass to the Submit-SPOMigrationJob commandlet. It won't work on just basic text, although you might be able to re-generate the AL value if you try.

Try doing one task without your CSV first and see if that works.

I'm working off a gentleman called Stephen Cummins's notes and he hit that problem. All credit to him if this helps.

• Marked as answer by cwadeuk100 Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:29 PM
  • You may consider ownCloud Enterprise Edition.  You can leave your files on-prem, mount SharePoint (or Windows network drives, etc) and provide a single access point (desktop client/mobile app/web) to any of the files.  You can maintain ACLs and you don't have to migrate your data.   
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Thats seem to of done the job....many thanks Alex!
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:53 AM