none
Windows Easy Transfer and Outlook

Question

• Hello,

I am testing out the Windows Easy Transfer within my network and when I transferred a users profile, it included their Outlook 2007 email account.  It still had to load the emails, but their account was already set up.  I tested it on a machine with Outlook 2013, and it didn't transfer anything in regards to email. From what I've read, WET isn't supposed to work with Outlook. My question is why would it work perfectly with 2007 and not at all with 2013? 

The email addresses are automatically resolved, so I'm wondering if there's a certain setting or file that I can copy with WET that will keep me from having to run through the setup again. 

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Disable any antivirus tool or firewall before the operation.

Alternatively you may try

Step-by-Step: Basic Windows Migration using USMT for IT Professionals
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824873.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, April 9, 2016 1:05 AM
  • I have never been able to get consistent results with WET so have had to resort to other methods.  WET has been replaced in win 10.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Saturday, April 9, 2016 1:32 AM
  • Hi msbubba1983,

Based on your description, If you use Windows Easy Transfer to move your Outlook data (not recommended) on outlook 2010 and later, you may need to recreate your Outlook profile as the move process can corrupt the profile.

You need to install Office (or Outlook) on the new computer. You could only move user data, not the program itself.

Please refer to the link:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/move-outlook-to-a-new-windows-computer/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Hey there,

Why would WET have worked with Outlook 2007?  It copied the profile fine though the data has to download.  Is there no way to copy just the profile for Outlook 2010 & higher via WET?

Thanks,

Leanna

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

I searched on line for a long time and found an article may help you, please refer to the link:

http://superuser.com/questions/471419/how-do-i-export-email-account-settings-from-outlook-2010

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:12 AM