Windows Update malfunction RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Update malfunction
    Since a month ago that Windows Update is not working properly, contrary to what has always happened before.
    Reason: it is the "check for updates" for 5 hours, consuming a total of 1 CPU (25%) permanently, and does not advance. Please check out what's happening on your side, considering the sotware advanced and privileged communication channels that Microsoft uses.
    Thank you.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi lopes mendes,

Thank you for the update on the issue. If the issue insists, also we could try use the DISM command to repair the Windows Update. Please check the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

If the problem is occurred recently and your system has a system restore point, it’s a choice to use the system restore.

Your suggestion is very useful to us. We are also improving the Windows 10 to support customers better.

Thank you for your feedback of our product. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi lopes mendes,

According to your description, I suggest that we could use Windows Update troubleshooting tool to check. Please open the Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Troubleshooting>System and Security>Windows Update. Then we could use the fix in the link below to reset Windows Update components.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

After that stopping Windows update services and deleting SoftwareDistribution folder.

If these steps don’t work, we could check the Windows Update log in the C:/Windows/Windows Update to check.

Also thank you for your feedback, I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Please keeping your update.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Many thanks to you  Carl Fan who responded to my question. I appreciated.
    However I would also like you to consider the following:
    I already ran the Windows Update verification procedures. It is correct here.
    Nothing that you can do here can counteract the malfunction or interruption of WindowsUpdate (julho2016).
    But more serious is that Windows Update is started without any download or complete update, but retains constantly stay consumption of a one CPU (25%) for nothing, without any use.
    As I watch, and Windows Update controlled at the source remotely by Microsoft is not working at all (July2016), I do not know the reason. This is nonetheless intriguing, at a time that should be crucial at this stage that Microsoft insists on upgrade to W10. So with Windows Update stopped (that always worked well), leaving users without support , it is that users are going to wonder about the risks they face when going to the W10.
    Installation is not monitored and has no customized support from Microsoft, from what I read on the Microsoft website.
    Thank you.
    Sunday, July 17, 2016 5:54 PM
  • Hi lopes mendes,

Thank you for the update on the issue. If the issue insists, also we could try use the DISM command to repair the Windows Update. Please check the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

If the problem is occurred recently and your system has a system restore point, it’s a choice to use the system restore.

Your suggestion is very useful to us. We are also improving the Windows 10 to support customers better.

Thank you for your feedback of our product. I will forward this information to the appropriate department through our internal channel. Both the Microsoft Product Team and Development Team take into consideration all suggestions and feedback for future releases.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:26 AM