none
Security Groups when in 'Project Server Permissions Mode' - Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have Project Online up and running, by default the PWA instance we added to O365 was in "SharePoint Permissions" Mode, we changed to "Project Server Permissions" Mode because of some complex security we need to configure. For some reason (different from Project Server 2013) Project Online creates a number of Security Groups by default that seem to be duplicates. For example for Administrators there are:

- Administrators

- Administrators for Project Web App

- Web Administrators (Project Web App Synchronized)

For Project Managers:

- Project Managers

- Project Managers (Project Web App Synchronized)

- Project Managers for Project Web App

And there is something similar for all the groups (compared to Project Server 2013):

I have looked online, with no luck, for some guidance on what all these groups are and if I can delete some of them without causing PWA to crash.

If anyone out there can point me in the right direction / send me some documentation or links it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jorge

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Jorge, I had the same thing on two different tenants within the last week - one today. I will just clean up the SharePoint groups manually. The ones with the descriptions are the correct Project Server permission mode groups... Hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon, you could raise a support ticket on your office 365 tenant - support is pretty quick! Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Jorge, I had the same thing on two different tenants within the last week - one today. I will just clean up the SharePoint groups manually. The ones with the descriptions are the correct Project Server permission mode groups... Hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon, you could raise a support ticket on your office 365 tenant - support is pretty quick! Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:21 PM
  • Thanks Paul!!!

That makes perfect sense! Like you said, hopefully Microsoft will fix this soon : )

Friday, July 11, 2014 2:01 PM