Windows 7 Standard Distribution point - problem access to the file share RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with my Windows 7 Branch Cache :

before installing the branch cache on a machine Windows 7 SP1 , access to the sharing (\\Computer_Windows7) of this machine is possible from a windows server 2003, but after i have installed the branch cach , access to shared document became impossible from windows server 2003  to this branch cach Windows 7.

The access stay possible from windows 8 , 7 , windows server 2008 or Windows server 2012 to this machine.

Thank you

prince

• Edited by Moez Bouchriha Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:05 PM
    • Moved by Joyce L Monday, July 6, 2015 9:39 AM move
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm a little unclear about this issue. Generally we will enable Branch Cache on a server and use Group Policy to enable it in branch office.

Whether the Windows 2003 is in the same subnet/site as the Windows 7 system?

If so, branch cache should not be involved when accessing a local folder on Windows 7 system. What's the error message when trying to access the Windows 7 system from the Windows 2003 system?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:57 PM