none
Durations do not match Time Frame Dates - I have set a 6 Day work week and assigned the start date for the Task RRS feed

• Question

• Using Project Standard 2010

I bought 3 days ago, this program, have used 1997 and 2003 and 2007 and never had this problem.

I work Manually Only, the Auto function cannot think creatively so schedules are too inefficent.

I set the work week for 6 days (Sunday as a Non-working day), input a Task, set the duration (7 Days), then assign a start date and the end date that is then expressed is One day short of the Duration I have asked for.

Monday, November 12, 2012 10:28 PM

All replies

• ManualSchedulesExceed,

We need more information. Using Project 2010 I created a 6 day work week calendar with default 8 hour work days. I set the Project calendar to the custom 6 day calendar. In manual schedule mode I created a task with a start date of 11/12/12 and set the duration to 7 days. The Finish date calculated properly as 11/19/12.

Did you perhaps change the definition of a "day" (default is 8 hours)? Does your work day have fewer than 8 hours? The discrepancy you see could be the result of any number of things, but we just can't tell without more information.

John

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:16 AM
  • I agree with John. More information, please.

I tried setting up a 6 day calendar and experimenting. The only way I could get something like your symptoms was by leaving the hours pr week at 40 and entering the duration as 1.2 weeks - or by leaving the task on Manual scheduling and not entering any Start or Finish date. From your post, neither of these conditions applied in your case.

Graham

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:08 PM