none
Windows Defender and microsoft security essentials

Question

•    I Can Not turn on my windows Defender and I can not download Microsoft Security Essentials for windows 8.1 32 bit!!

Why Not?????

I Do Not Understand!!  I had a windows 8.1 HP Desktop and I had it all. and also help  topic that would help me do things!!

It stopped on me because i went to a web page to get credit score and then blue screen came up every 2 mins saying watch dog error!! Never could get help with it.

So Went and bought a HP Labtop and It took me 4 days to update it!! The norton is ending Today and I Need Security To Protect my Labtop that will do everything to protect it!!

PLEASE HELP ME With a LINK where I can download essentials or WHERE TO TURN ON Windows DEFENDER

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know, You can't use Microsoft Security Essentials, it is for older edition of Windows 7.For Windows 8,8.1, it provides buid-in protection against malware. 

In addition, Windows Defender can't be open if there is any malware software installed on your pc, so have a check. Since you have recently bought the machine, may be there are malware software pre-installed. And check if system center endpoint protection has installed. If so, Windows Defender will shut itself off.

If you are sure there is no malware software installed, there is another solution:

http://www.herongyang.com/Windows-Security/Windows-8-Defender-Turn-on-Windows-Defender.html

Note: this is a 3rd party link, we don't have any warranties on this website. It's just for your convenience.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 2:50 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any problems ,please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 16, 2018 3:41 AM