Add Others greyed out in scheduling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am facing a peculiar with my Outlook 2010 where i am unable to add additional recipients into an active meeting request. I was able to do so previously but after forwarding the meeting to a new recipient, the "Add Others" option in scheduling is disabled. I have also created a new email profile to no avail.

Application : Outlook 2010 on Exchange 2003.

It would be great if someone could help out.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To forward a meeting request you need to have right on the organizer calendar, also you can check the same on OWA.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:22 AM
  • Yes, I agree with Ripu.

When you forward the meeting, you are on behalf of the orgnizer to forward the meeting. So if you want to add new recipient, you should have delegation rights of the organizer.

Also if you just forward the meeting a new attendee, new attendee will not appear in the meeting attendee list.

Description of common scenarios in which Calendar information may be removed from the Calendar or may be inaccurate

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899704

Regards,

Xiu

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:47 AM
  • Hi Ripu and Xiu,

Thanks for your input. I am the organizer of the meeting. I do not have any delegates handling my calendars. you are right, i will check in OWA as well.

Is there a way i can include the attendee in the scheduling after forwarding the meeting? in doing so, im able to also track who I have extended the meeting to.

Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Hi,

I think you may try to open the original inivitation and then add attendee there.

After that, we can send update to all the attendee.

Update a meeting request

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/update-a-meeting-request-HP005251682.aspx

Regards,

Xiu

• Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Friday, July 30, 2010 9:17 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 3:07 AM