Ask before delete files from OneDrive folder. RRS feed

• Question

• I get an update for OneDrive (17.3.7073.1013) and enabled Files On-Demand option in settings. When I tried to delete some files from OneDrive folder I noticed that Microsoft changed a guestion "Are you sure you want to move this file to the Recycle Bin" to the new one. It tells that my files will be deleted from this computer, but it will stay in the Internet and there is "Don't ask me again" tick. I marked this tick and if I delete something from OneDrive folder now, it deletes without any question. Maybe there is a way to untick this option? Thank you. P.S. Reinstallation/Reset of OneDrive don't help me with it.
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Change the following registry key and check the symptom again.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager

Donotshowagain = "0"   means show notification

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, October 27, 2017 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Виталий1993 Friday, October 27, 2017 5:29 PM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 6:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Change the following registry key and check the symptom again.

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SyncRootManager

Donotshowagain = "0"   means show notification

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Friday, October 27, 2017 6:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Виталий1993 Friday, October 27, 2017 5:29 PM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 6:02 AM
  • Thank you so so much! I tried to solve it 4 days and now it asks me again!
    Friday, October 27, 2017 5:30 PM
  • THANKS A LOT!
    Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:13 PM
  • Hi,

I'm not techy at all but I got to the location shared above; however, my Windows tree doesn't have the folder called "SyncRootManager"...could it be called something else? 

I really would like to be able to be asked before deleting...it's just way too easy to make a mistake with this in OneDrive! 

Thank you,

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:06 AM
  • This answer worked for me as well, though I had to create the key myself first.

harrier47

Friday, September 28, 2018 9:26 PM
  • didn't help - I can still delete files and folders from OneDrive without confirmation question?!
    Monday, February 25, 2019 1:20 PM
  • You definitely should do something to make it much easier to undo this feature! When I noticed how easy it is to delete files from OneDrive accidentally just by pressing it unintentionally (or when your damn cat decides to take a walk on your keyboard), I wanted to restore the previous setting. But messing with registry key is way too savvy, for most of the people.
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:27 PM