Forwarders for multiple recipients and from/to external address RRS feed

• Question

• I just moved our company to work with Exchange after we used the CPanel integrated mail server (hosted VPS). in CPanel there was an option of "EMail Forwarders" that create a "virtual" address (without a mailbox) and I could get emails from external address (lets say gmail) and forward them to external address as well.

There is any option to do that in Exchange?

Thanks!

Sunday, October 16, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

• You can create Outlook rules on the client side (with or without contacts in AD for the forwarding address)

Or you can use transport rules with a contact in AD

Sukh
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:52 AM
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Or just create a contact with both the internal and external email address on it.

Although there is no guarantee the email will be delivered correctly because it is seen as spoofing by many remote sites.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:33 PM
  • You didnt say what version of Exchange, but regardless of version, its essentially the same thing.

Create a mail-enabled contact. For the Target/External SMTP address, use the external SMTP address (user@externaldomain.com)

The mail-enabled contact will also have a SMTP address that represents the internal SMTP domain (user@yourdomain.com)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998858.aspx

Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:35 PM

All replies

• You can create Outlook rules on the client side (with or without contacts in AD for the forwarding address)

Or you can use transport rules with a contact in AD

Sukh
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Or just create a contact with both the internal and external email address on it.

Although there is no guarantee the email will be delivered correctly because it is seen as spoofing by many remote sites.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:33 PM
  • You didnt say what version of Exchange, but regardless of version, its essentially the same thing.

Create a mail-enabled contact. For the Target/External SMTP address, use the external SMTP address (user@externaldomain.com)

The mail-enabled contact will also have a SMTP address that represents the internal SMTP domain (user@yourdomain.com)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998858.aspx

Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:35 PM