Folders and start menu history RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,
    how can i disable the pinned folder history,coz everytime i visit or click on a file in some folder ,it registers when the next time i right click on the pinned folder,how to disable this behavior Via registry or in other way?
    also how to disable notepad and other applications history?
    Will be expecting replies for this..
    Regards,
    RR
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 2:57 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure I fully understand your question, because I don't "pin" things.  

Have you unchecked the boxes in the "Privacy" section of the Start Menu Properties?  Right-click the Start menu, then choose Properties to see these settings.  I suggest this because I've noticed some other boxes aren't remembering things I've done since I unchecked those.

-Noel
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:48 AM
  • Hi RR,

Are you telling about the "Recent" in right click list?

If so, try right click on Start button, choose Properties, go to Start Menu tab, uncheck the "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar" to see the result.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:40 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure I fully understand your question, because I don't "pin" things.  

Have you unchecked the boxes in the "Privacy" section of the Start Menu Properties?  Right-click the Start menu, then choose Properties to see these settings.  I suggest this because I've noticed some other boxes aren't remembering things I've done since I unchecked those.

-Noel
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:48 AM
  • Hi RR,

Are you telling about the "Recent" in right click list?

If so, try right click on Start button, choose Properties, go to Start Menu tab, uncheck the "Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar" to see the result.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:40 AM
  • Yah thats what i meant lol :D
    so its all set now, thanks a lot Joel and Shaon^^
    Kind regards,
    RR
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:12 PM