Forefront client deployment through WSUS. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know step step procedure for the deployment of FCS through WSUS.

Thanks,
    jeejan
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 12:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi!

Here is the FCS documentation:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=90044D88-299B-49FB-B762-EAE17A1F01F4&displaylang=en

Search my blog www.msforefront.com for instructions on how to set up WSUS

Remember a few key steps.

Once you have everything setup...
    1. you have to deploy an FCS policy (from the FCS console) to the computers you want FCS to be installed on (and leave time for the policy to apply)
    otherwise the FCS client won't install. 
    2. You have to manually approve the FCS client setup package in WSUS once. (even though you set up autoapprove rules) because there is an licensce agreement that needs to be verified. 

Good luck!
    /Johan

MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Just want to make thing little clear.

I have installed a 2003 server and installed Forefront and WSUS on it.

I have multiple client of XP and Vista on which first I want to install client component and then apply updates on the same.

I tried the but did not succeeded, but were able to do it manually, installed client component and then updates started automatically.

I want to have detail procedure for automatic installation of client components on client.

All PC are on the same domain.

Thanks,
    jeejan

Monday, June 8, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, I recommend you go through all the steps in the following link. It will explain the procedure of deploying Client Security.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404255.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:28 AM
  • Additionaly, check out www.codeplex.com for Forefront scripts and deployment tool.
    just search for "Forefront" when you are there.

Good luck! 
    MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:39 PM