none
Assigned to value in linked sharepoint site task list is empty RRS feed

• Question

• We have created a user that is the assigned owner for a resource name. We assign a task in PWA/Project 2013 to the resource name and the task gets passed to the user's task list. At the same time, the task populates the project's sharepoint task list. The issue is that the assigned to column for this task (Project's SharePoint task list) is blank. Is it possible to get it to populate with the names of the assigned owner or resource name? It seems to only work with resources that are associated to a user account. Thanks!
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:43 PM

Answers

• CDarrenT --

What you are seeing is the expected behavior of Project Server 2013.  Only resources that have a user account have access to PWA or to any Project Sites.  In your case, you have what I called pure resources, which is, resources that are not also users of the system.  So, because of this, you will not see the names of pure resources in the Task list in the SharePoint site.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by CDarrenT Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:03 PM

All replies

• CDarrenT --

What you are seeing is the expected behavior of Project Server 2013.  Only resources that have a user account have access to PWA or to any Project Sites.  In your case, you have what I called pure resources, which is, resources that are not also users of the system.  So, because of this, you will not see the names of pure resources in the Task list in the SharePoint site.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by CDarrenT Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:35 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:03 PM
  • Thanks for the response Dale.
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:40 PM
  • CDarrenT --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:46 PM