none
Include finish date RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, it's simple math, I have a project that should last (7months x 31days) + (4months x 30days) + 28 February days= 365.

The project starts 1-1-2018 and ends 31-12-2018, yet I get that the total duration shall be 364 days.

I have a 24-Hour calendar assigned to the project, and in the Schedule options I have Hours per day = 24, Hours per week = 168 and Days per month = 30.

What am I missing? It seems that MS Project (2016) is not including the end date in the duration.

Note: I have summary tasks mode all set to automatic and the tasks set to manual, but even switching everything to automatic does not help...so...HELP!

Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think, there is one setting change missing: File - Options - Schedule: Default start time and Default end time. Please change them to 0:00 and 23:59.

To verify my assumption, change display date format in File - Options - General. Use a date format including time (e.g. first line in drop down list). I assume, your tasks are starting at 4am and ending at 5p.m - so a few hours are missing within your whole year.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:19 AM
  • dimensionfifth,

Just for reference, this is what I get with a 24 hour Project calendar and a day set for 24 hours. The Project Start date was set for 1/1/2018 12:00AM. No other changes were made to the default settings. I think Barbara's suggestion for selecting a date format that includes the time is the best way to really understand what's happening.

John

Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:02 PM