Almost there Part 1.. Outlook and SharePoint prompt for credentials when using DA RRS feed

• Question

• It appears I have Direct Access up and working now as I can connect to everything it seems.  The only issues I have are that SharePoint and Outlook prompt for credentials when opening them.

I would expect that a user accessing via DA should not be prompted for username/password when opening Outlook to connect to the Exchange SCC Cluster.
    Also SharePoint prompts for credentials also when using DA.

When a user is in the Office they are not prompted for credentials to either resource. 

Any ideas on if this would be a UAG config issue or if I have to change something on the Exchange SCC Cluster and SharePoint.

Friday, February 5, 2010 12:32 AM

Answers

• For SharePoint I had forgotten to add the client to the OU in AD which applies our policy to set SharePoint to local intranet zone so it passes credentials.  Outlook still prompts though.  Under security in Outlook settings it is set to Negotiate Authentication with Encryption on.  Exchange Proxy Settings are set to Basic Authentication. 
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 7:15 PM

All replies

• Got the SharePoint solved.  Still can't figure out how to get Outlook not to prompt when connecting to the Exchange Server yet.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:36 AM
  • Hi Dan,

How did you solve the SharePoint issue?

What authentication method are you using for Outlook?

Thanks!
    Tom
    MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:37 PM
  • For SharePoint I had forgotten to add the client to the OU in AD which applies our policy to set SharePoint to local intranet zone so it passes credentials.  Outlook still prompts though.  Under security in Outlook settings it is set to Negotiate Authentication with Encryption on.  Exchange Proxy Settings are set to Basic Authentication. 
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:09 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 7:15 PM
  • Did you ever figure out what was causing the Outlook authentication issue? I'm seeing the same thing.

While on the intranet Outlook passes credentials through as expected and works great, but when connected with DA Outlook prompts for credentials. Once I authenticate it connects.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Hi Jake and Dan,

Are you using ISATAP on your intranets and does the Exchange Server have an ISATAP address?

Also, when asked for credentails, is Outlook using RPC/HTTPS or MAPI/RPC?

Thanks!

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 12:49 AM