Referencing additional address books and contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to include additional contact lists to the default address books that Lync/Skype references for search? By default, I see that I can find our organization's employees from Active Directory and contacts from my primary Outlook contact list. But other contact lists and shared address books in Outlook are ignored.

The goal here is that our company has a shared list of contacts in SharePoint that I would like others to use by linking this to their Outlook client. This works well for email, but it would be great if we could also search by name from within the Skype client to place calls.

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:06 PM

Answers

• My simple answer is  NO WAY.

I dont think we have a way to pull the contacts from the Users personal contact data, that's not the compliance practice too.

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Marked as answer by Greenman37 Friday, July 22, 2016 8:34 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:58 PM

All replies

• Is there any way to include additional contact lists to the default address books that Lync/Skype references for search? By default, I see that I can find our organization's employees from Active Directory and contacts from my primary Outlook contact list. But other contact lists and shared address books in Outlook are ignored.

The goal here is that our company has a shared list of contacts in Sharepoint that I would like others to use by linking this to their Outlook client. This works well for email, but it would be great if we could also search by name from within the Skype client to place calls.

Friday, July 22, 2016 12:45 PM
  • Have you tried absconfig tool in Lync server

SFB you can download tools from here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52631

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558594(v=ocs.15).aspx

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Friday, July 22, 2016 3:20 PM
  • I have seen this, but unless I'm wrong, the scope of that tool appears to be only for Active Directory data. I am looking to determine if there's a way for a user's Skype client to pull from their personal or linked address books without populating AD.
    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:50 PM
  • My simple answer is  NO WAY.

I dont think we have a way to pull the contacts from the Users personal contact data, that's not the compliance practice too.

• Marked as answer by Greenman37 Friday, July 22, 2016 8:34 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:58 PM
  • Looks like duplicate thread, you can close one.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/55b16e20-7d9a-4291-8966-403c73f722d2/referencing-additional-address-books-and-contacts?forum=sfbfr

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:56 PM
  • You can't add other address books... if you're desperate, you might be able to add them as contact objects and set msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress and phone fields to get them to populate in... otherwise, agree with Raju.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Okay, that's too bad. What was confusing to me is that I can search the contacts that sit in my default Outlook address book, which is not propagated to AD. I'm curious why that is considered to be usable, but not others.
    Friday, July 22, 2016 8:30 PM
  • Yeah, it's just the way it was designed.  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:31 PM
  • Hi , 

Address book calculation happens every day as you get it configured and the service is going to sweep only the AD part and Contacts which has the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress populated rest all is not updated to the User database. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Saturday, July 23, 2016 7:58 AM