Window 7 Ultimate/Start-up Issues RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

first time ever going to try this. 60-year old disabled Marine Corps Vet. I have a two part question. First part! When I restart my computer I have to hit F12 (boot) to get on. I had a friend come up from Vegas that knew computers and he fixed it rather handily but for got to inform me. So, What do I need to do to turn on my computer and have it start without having to personally boot it?

Part II.

My father died and he was my Mom caregiver. So, I must go up liquidate the estate and find Mom a nice place to hang out. And then I need to go in for surgery. So I will probably be off the Internet for 3 to 6-months. What should I do to prepare my PC for this hibernation? Remember, I'm 60 & a Marine! So if it's and obvious answer;"Don't hate the messenger! Thanks for your time.

Monday, January 26, 2015 5:20 AM

All replies

• It sounds as though your boot order might be set up incorrectly. From what I can gather from your post you might be better off having someone with some experience in computers take a look at that for you rather than me trying to explain how to get into the BIOS/Boot Menu to change and test that.

As for preparing your laptop for hibernation, just shut it down.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:51 PM