No longer type times in Scheduling Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• You used to be able to type the date and/time in scheduling assistant, hit enter and the blue scheduling bar would change accordingly. Does anybody know how to get it back?

I know you can drag the blue bar, or use the suggested times option, but these are only for 30 minutes so being able to type the time was excellent for 15 minute or less meetings. I also know you can use the drop down arrow on the start time in scheduling assistant, but to change to 15 minutes/other you must return to the appointment page and edit the time, then back to scheduling assistant.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:10 AM

All replies

• You used to be able to type the date and/time in scheduling assistant, hit enter and the blue scheduling bar would change accordingly. Does anybody know how to get it back?

Hi avrhcadabra,

If I understand correctly, we can customize the date and time by typing in the Start/End time section at the bottom of the Scheduling assistant window:

Please check it on your side and feel free to let me know if I misunderstood anything.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Whilst you can type in these boxes, the blue scheduling bar will not move to highlight the newly typed times.

Or does it for you but not me?

Kind regards,

Alice

Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:44 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Whilst you can type in these boxes, the blue scheduling bar will not move to highlight the newly typed times.

Or does it for you but not me?

Kind regards,

Alice

Hi Alice,

I checked again and the blue scheduling bar moves automatically as I type in the boxes.

May I know the build number of your Outlook?

Besides, please try running Outlook in safe mode (Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hi there Yuki,

I am running Outlook 2016, 16.0.9126.2259, click to run. 32-bit.

The issue still continues in safe mode unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Alice

• Edited by avrhcadabra Friday, August 17, 2018 10:18 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Hi there Yuki,

I am running Outlook 2016, 16.0.9126.2259, click to run. 32-bit.

The issue still continues in safe mode unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Alice

Hi Alice,

I noticed that a new update Version 1803 (Build 9126.2275) for semi-annually channel has been released recently, see this link. Please check for and install the lasted update and see if the issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, August 20, 2018 1:39 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

I ran updates and Microsoft did find some to download. After restarting, nothing has changed wit the scheduling assistant.

The build number has changed to 9126.2275 as you have mentioned above.

I have noticed that Microsoft were changing the scheduling assistant in July, perhaps this is an bug they have not resolved? Are you able to type in the times and have the bar move, if you use Outlook?

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/what-s-new-in-office-365-95c8d81d-08ba-42c1-914f-bca4603e1426?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

Kind regards,

Alice

• Edited by avrhcadabra Monday, August 20, 2018 9:04 AM
    Monday, August 20, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Originally I was running monthly channel of Outlook 2016 and just now I managed to changed my channel to semi-annual and update to the same build as yours (9126.2275) but still cannot reproduce the issue:

Have you tried repairing Office via Control Panel and check the result?

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:51 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

I have run a full online repair and nothing yet has changed. A colleague of mine believes the scheduling bar stopped moving when the Focus inbox was implemented. Can this not be the case now that you have matched the build number and if it were responsible you would be having the same problems?

I have removed the most recently installed plug-in to Outlook and this has not resolved the problem either. Scheduling bar used to move with the older plug-ins so I have not removed those as I don't know if there is much point as it used to always work with them?

Kind regards,

Alice

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi Yuki,

I have run a full online repair and nothing yet has changed. A colleague of mine believes the scheduling bar stopped moving when the Focus inbox was implemented. Can this not be the case now that you have matched the build number and if it were responsible you would be having the same problems?

Hi Alice,

Thanks for the update.

As per your concern about the Focus inbox, I tried to turn on and off the Focused Inbox feature using the button on the ribbon but still cannot reproduce the issue in both scenarios. Did I misunderstand anything?

By the way, if it is convenient, I'd like to suggest trying to switching to Monthly Channel via registry and see if the issue persists on your side. Please do remember to backup the registry key before making the change in case problem occurs. For detailed instructions about changing the update channel, you may refer to the article below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/deploy-use/manage-office-365-proplus-updates#change-the-update-channel-after-you-enable-office-365-clients-to-receive-updates-from-configuration-manager

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Good morning Yuki,

Thank you for your assistance. Following the below link and downloading the file saved the problem and avoided me getting involved with the registry, but the fix is the same so thank you very much!

The problem is now solved.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3185078/how-to-switch-from-semi-annual-channel-to-monthly-channel

Kind regards,

Alice

Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Great to see that the issue has been resolved and thanks so much for sharing!

By the way, could you please mark your resolution above and answer so that others who might have a similar issue can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, August 31, 2018 1:34 AM