<host name= Non-Admin Server Name>

<searchengine row="1" column="0" />

<query />

</host>

<searchcluster>

<row id="0" index="primary" search="true" />

<row id="1" index="none" search="true" />

</searchcluster>

If there is any issue in deployment xml please let me know.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:01 AM

All replies

• Do you get any errors on your deployment?

The deployment puts very much load on the first server, as this one is running indexing, dispatching, item processing, query processing and query matching. The other server only runs query processing and query matching. This may still be OK if you want to prioritize query performance over indexing performance on such a small deployment.

If you set up a redundant Query SSA you will achieve query fault tolerance with this deployment.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:08 AM
  • Hi Knut,

I am not getting any error on my deployment. Deployment and configuration is sucessful.

I am concerning about my deployment file just because I am getting warning in the event viewer on the admin server related to some fast component are not responding on the non-admin server.

Also I want to know if this is the deployment configuration then it is required to me to setup a redundant QuerySSA by adding a query component on any of the Sharepoint server of the farm and apply topology changes on the Sharepoint Farm.

Regards,

Anubhav Saxena

Friday, January 21, 2011 4:37 AM
  • If you want end-to-end query redundancy follow the steps in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff602184.aspx.
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:55 AM
  • Hi Knut,

The link provided by you is supporting Multiple server deployment of QuerySSA which include crawl component and query component for People Search index. By doing so we can provide Fault Tolerance and redundancy for People Search.

But I am talking about the <query> and <searchengine> component configured on FAST Servers (Admin and Non-Admin Server) . Here I want to distribute the query load between these two servers. In this scenario I want to validate deployment xml and if it is not correct so it is the reason to getting warnings in the event viewer on the admin server related to some fast component <on the non-admin server> are not responding .

Regards,

Anubhav Saxena

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:09 AM
  • You have one <query> component on each server. If you then add an extra query component on the Query SSA, you will have end-to-end fault tolerance. The additional query component in the Query SSA provides, as you say, fault-tolerance for people search, but it will also provide query-side fault-tolerance and load balancing for FAST Search queries. Each of the query components will be connected to each <query> component down in the FAST farm (yes, I know this is somewhat confusing...).
    Friday, January 21, 2011 10:27 AM