locked
Incremental Profile Import not finishing RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have a MOSS 2007 farm (3 front end, 1 index , 1 DB) and every once in a while the incremental profile import does not finish. It normally takes approx 1 hour. When it gets stuck running there is a stored proc running in the sharedservices1_DB that is blocking other requests which is degrading performance on all of our sites.

    The proc that is blocking requests is  profile_PluginDataImport. It is in sleeping status and does not do any work from about 10 min after it started yet is still connected to the database 5 hours later.

    In the application event log on the index server this error is received for about 10 min from the start of the incremental import

    Archival plugin cannot insert the crawled data into the property store. The operation will be retried.
    
    Context: Application 'SharedServices', Catalog 'ProfileImport'

    In the crawl log there are over 4000 errors like the one below, each one being a different user. I have checked a couple and the one that i have checked do exist in the domain.

    spsimport://xxxxxxx.xxx.ca?cn=xxxxxx,ou=app7f...
    Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E2F PEOPLE_IMPORT 12/15/2010 3:08 AM 

    In the sharepoint log on the index server, the following error occurs multiple times but it occurs when profile import is not running so I dont think it is related but including it just in case.

    <Exception><HR>0xc0000023</HR><eip>0000000001DD24F6</eip><module>d:\office\source\search\ytrip\tripoli\h\tblalloc.hxx</module><line>540</line></Exception>
    there one way I have been able to resolve this is to kill the spid on the database and stop incremental import, then do a full import. We have the full import scheduled once a week and that one always completes. The incremental import is scheduled every night and it usually completes, gets stuck about once a month.

    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:25 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    Please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know the result.

    1.       Run "net stop Osearch" on the Index Server

    2.       If it didn’t stop please kill MSSEARCH.EXE then run “net stop Osearch”

    3.       If Osearch was stopped successfully, perform a cache.ini reset

    4.       Run “net start Osearch”

    5.       After doing the above steps, please see if the User Profile import status was changed to stopped.

    6.       Start the full import.

     

    Hope it helps.

     

    Thanks & Regards.

     

     

    Lily Wu

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com


    Lily Wu
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Monday, December 27, 2010 1:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Robert Klimes Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:08 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:36 AM
  • I am able to stop the profile import and restart it. What I want is to prevent the profile import from getting stuck in the first place.
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 7:08 PM