none
Removing a protected computer from DPM 2012 SP1 console RRS feed

• Question

• I have a server who was protected by DPM2012 SP1. Because the server was turned of before i could remove it from Management Console it seems that I cant remove it now.

I got the following error message when I try to remove it using powershell comand remove-productionserver.ps1

PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\bin> .\Remove-Productio
    nServer.ps1 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.loc
    WARNING: Connecting to DPM server: xxxxxxx
    There is failure while removing production server
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\bin\Remove-ProductionServ
    er.ps1 : DPM was unable to remove the protected computer xxxxxxx from one of
     the following groups:
    1. Distributed COM users
    2. DPMRADmTrustedMachines
    3. MSDPMTrustedMachines
    At line:1 char:1
    + .\Remove-ProductionServer.ps1 xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.xxxxxx.loc
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
       tion
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
       n,Remove-ProductionServer.ps1

Please remove xxxxxxx from the above groups.
    Friday, March 22, 2013 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Torstein,

Did the script removed your orphan server ?

If yes, simply delete computer's account from these DPM Groups in Server Manager / Configuration / Local Users and Groups / Groups.

Stephane.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Marked as answer by Torstein E Monday, March 25, 2013 1:34 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 1:28 PM