none
Steady State 2.5 Disabled Interrupting Restart with Shift Key RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed 2.5 on one machine to test it and I have found that if I have "Restart after Logoff" checked, then I cannot use the shift key to interrupt the restart and log in as a different user.  On all my machines with 2.0/2.1 installed I can do this.  If I try it now, it takes me to a log on screen, but when I enter my login information, it says that it cannot log me iin because the system is shutting down.  It then reboots.  I have to then go into safe mode, disable the feature and reboot again.

This is critical to our operation as we have all machines log in to a limited account automatically (for our PC Reservation system).  I have to be able to log out and into my administrator account to perform maintenance.  If this cannot be rectified, then I will be unable to use 2.5 at all.

Thanks,

Wendell Gragg

Automation Coordinator

Bryan Public Library

Bryan, Texas.

Friday, August 8, 2008 3:42 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Wendell, thank you for your feedback on this. I understand that this can be inconvenient for some of our users.  I'll forward this to our product team. Thank you again.

Monday, August 11, 2008 6:14 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Wendell, thank you for your feedback on this. I understand that this can be inconvenient for some of our users.  I'll forward this to our product team. Thank you again.

Monday, August 11, 2008 6:14 AM
  • Please can you provide an answer to this.  I have the same issue except I have my system set to autologon.  So when I go into Safemode I can only use the locked down profile.   I need to be able to logon as Administrator again.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Nevermind I got it!!!

While logged on:

press CRTL-ALT-DEL

then ALT+W

then you can log on

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:05 PM