Secure and sync with Information Rights Management on OneDrive for Business (OD4B) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Context:

I am testing the Microsoft Azure RMS feature that secures synchronised OD4B content in Office 365. The requirement arose when a client raised concerns around securing intellectual property when all authorised users have access to download content from OD4B to any device using OD4B sync app.

I applied an IRM policy to the OD4B Document Library and can see that it works as expected i.e. enforcing authentication prior to accessing each document offline across all devices.

Issue:

Typically, a OD4B owner is, by design, a Site Collection Administrator (SCA) of the OD4B site, which allows access to disable/change IRM policies applied to a document and even the entire Document Library. 

Is it possible to:

1. Apply IRM policies that cannot be overridden to the Document Library without restricting a user's access within the OD4B site?
    2. Deploy an IRM policy using a scripted approach instead of the UI, which can be a real pain especially when you have thousands of users?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Larry

• Edited by Larry Akin Friday, February 27, 2015 4:03 PM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 3:48 PM