XP SP3 with KB969084 and RemoteApp issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have a customers that are running XP SP3 (with KB969084 installed) and need to connect to a RemoteApp on a Windows 2008 R2 Server.

Unfortunately users can't redirect drives, clipboard, printers etc in RemoteApps. With "Details" button pressed connection windows looks like:

RemoteApp window bug

User can select checkboxes but they doesn't work and redirection doesn't work too. Of course both RDP-file and RD Server allow to redirect those resources.

At the same time Remote Desktop Connections work well.

I notice that RemoteApps work well if I uninstall the 969084 update back to the RDP 6.1 protocol version. But some customers use the RemoteApps with KB969084 installed with no problems. So I think that problem is in the conflict between KB969084 and one of the rest updates installed. I try to find difference between machines with and without problems but with no success at this time.

So I want to ask - has anybody got problems like mine?

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084/en-gb

Check for Win XP part.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:56 AM
  • Hello Arnav

Of course I read this KB.

1)I have no problems with NLA. RemoteApp works but with no redirection

2)Again, connection works

3)We don't use the SSO.

4)I don't write anything about tray icon. I only want to redirect the resources

5)We don't use WMP

6)This point is about apps, not resources.

Monday, November 11, 2013 10:18 AM