SharePoint 2007 Backup cleanup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using STSADM command to take a backup of the SharePoint sites every night using 'Windows Tasks scheduler'. When i go to SharePoint Central control panel and see for restore options i can see heaps of backup there (which does make sense as i am taking backup every night, so one item for each night.). What i want is to cleanup the old the backup points, All the points which are 1 month older.

Is it possible?

Best regards

SharePoint 2007 (Administration/Development) | Web developer and .NET DTS Programmer | .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 | SQL Server 2008/2005/2k
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi aliusmankhan1,

If you don't want to see a lot of outdated backup files, you can clear the history. To clear up unwanted backups, you will modify the file spbrtoc.xml. Please refer to the following link, it’s use PowerShell to clear it.

http://davehunter.co.uk/2008/05/30/powershell-sharepoint-2007-backup-script/

Thanks,

Jack

• Marked as answer by aliusman Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:47 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Thanks for that, just a quick question that off course i dont wanna delete the folder as my Incremental Backing is running every night. if i dont delete the folder, what will be the impact.

cheers

SharePoint 2007 (Administration/Development) | Web developer and .NET DTS Programmer | .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 | SQL Server 2008/2005/2k
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:05 AM