mine has only windows media player 11 at the first insulation. I have a CD containing WMP 9. Can I uninstall wmp 11 from add and remove program and instal ythe wmp 9 through CD? RRS feed

• Question

• I was loaded with WMP 11 in place of WMP9 i had previously while my os went corrupt. The technician  formatted and who re installed XP SP3 installed WMP11 instead WMP9 resulting that  I am unable to play wmva (MPEG) files containing movies. I understand  necessary codecs are not installed with the installation of WMP 11 for playing MPEG files. The WMP 9  that was previously available  has been copied in a CD before hand. If I wish to reverse to WMP 9 file, I way or may not  get automatic reversion to WMP 9. In the add and remove program list, I find two WMPs one  named as WMP 11 and other just as WMP, without numeral 9.  As the second WMP listed is not numbered, Can I expect the removal(Uninstalling) WMP 11 will bring back WMP9 or may I have to foecibly load WMP from CD or wcan I be able to down load WMP 9 from net? down loading WMP9 the page says I have already up graded version,and refuses to down load indicating that I have to essentially remove WMP11, if i am to get WMP9. I want a solution 1) either the codec for playing movies and MP3 files or WMP9 which plays without these add ons. Request a solution please.

• Edited by Ananda Rao.V Saturday, November 9, 2013 6:33 PM spelling mistakes please ignore
    • Moved by Noel D PatonEditor Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:37 PM not WGA/MGA related
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers