locked
Exchange Server 2013 Enable-UMMailbox error Extension 2909 is already assigned to another user on dial plan UM-4Digits or on an equivalent dial plan. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm trying to um-enable mailboxes (kinda hope that's obvious from enable-ummailbox).  Most of them work fine.  On one mailbox in particular, I'm getting the error above (Extension 2909 is already assigned to another user on dial plan UM-4Digits or on an equivalent dial plan).  The problem is that extension is not already assigned, except to the user in question.

    I've tried get-aduser -filter { msrtcsip-line -like "*2909" } and get-aduser -filter { officenumber -like "*2909" } and both return only the user account of the user that owns the mailbox that I'm trying to um-enable.

    I've also tried looking through the mailboxes for the extension in question with Get-Mailbox | ForEach-Object { $_ | Where-Object { $_.extensions -like "2909" } } and get-mailbox | ForEach-Object { $_ | Where-Object { $_.emailaddresses -like "*2909*" } } but both return nothing (when run for another extension that is assigned, each returns a single mailbox).

    Is there something else that I'm missing?

    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 5:36 PM

All replies

  • I am experiencing exactly the same issue, most of mine work too, I have tried to de-provision and re-provision the same user twice and it doesn't work.

    I created a list of all my extensions by running the below. 

    "Get-UMMailbox | fl ext* | out-file -filepath c:\admin\here.txt"

    The extension I am looking for is not in the list.

    This does appear to be an extension number was assigned to someone else previously, I am getting her phone signed out and her pin changed and then I will try and Enable-UMMailbox again.

    I will keep you updated as to what I find.

    Monday, March 14, 2016 11:50 PM
  • I am experiencing exactly the same issue, most of mine work too, I have tried to de-provision and re-provision the same user twice and it doesn't work.

    I created a list of all my extensions by running the below. 

    "Get-UMMailbox | fl ext* | out-file -filepath c:\admin\here.txt"

    The extension I am looking for is not in the list.

    This does appear to be an extension number was assigned to someone else previously, I am getting her phone signed out and her pin changed and then I will try and Enable-UMMailbox again.

    I will keep you updated as to what I find.

    I figured it out, and didn't remember to come back here and post the answer.

    It turns out that the extension had previously been assigned to the user under a different username, then the user account deleted, then re-created with a different username, then the mailbox was connected again, then the username was changed, both were deleted, and ... it was a mess.

    Any way, I got the hint from searching the proxyaddresses field.

    get-adobject -filter * -Properties name,msRTCSIP-Line,telephoneNumber,proxyAddresses  | Select-Object name,msRTCSIP-Line,telephoneNumber,@{Name="proxyAddresses";Expression={[string]::join(";",( $_ | Select-Object -ExpandProperty proxyaddresses ))}} | Where-Object { $_.proxyAddresses -like "*xxxx*" }

    Replace "xxxx" with your problem extension and it should show up.  At least, if you had the same problem I did.

    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:04 AM