none
NPS Console Missing

Question

• I am trying to setup WIFI authentication but the Network Policy Server snap in link in the Administrative Tools Folder is not there. I did verify it installed under Roles & Features but cannot seem to find it.
    • Edited by Everest12 Monday, August 6, 2012 1:31 AM spelling
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 7:56 PM

Answers

• I am trying setup WIFI authentication but the Network Policy Server snap in link in the Administrative Tools Folder is not there. I did verify it installed under Roles & Features but cannot seem to find it.

It appears that the tool is not installed by default.  However, it can be installed manually by going through the Add Roles and Features.  It's in the Features section under Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools > Network Policy and Access Services Tools.

If you would like to see it installed by default, you should file a bug report on Connect (see the sticky at the top of this forum called Connect Feedback site is Open Now!).

Sunday, August 5, 2012 6:32 AM

All replies

• I am trying setup WIFI authentication but the Network Policy Server snap in link in the Administrative Tools Folder is not there. I did verify it installed under Roles & Features but cannot seem to find it.

It appears that the tool is not installed by default.  However, it can be installed manually by going through the Add Roles and Features.  It's in the Features section under Remote Server Administration Tools > Role Administration Tools > Network Policy and Access Services Tools.

If you would like to see it installed by default, you should file a bug report on Connect (see the sticky at the top of this forum called Connect Feedback site is Open Now!).

Sunday, August 5, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Thanks Kariya21. I would have never found it! I will definitely file a report since this is pretty important in our network setup.
    Sunday, August 5, 2012 8:37 PM
  • By default, NPS is installed on Essentials 2012 R2 - however, the administration tools are not. You can install the admin consoles using this PowerShell cmdlet: Add-WindowsFeature NPAS-Policy-Server -IncludeManagementTools

Working to live ...

• Proposed as answer by AlexOnTechNet Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:27 PM
    Monday, February 9, 2015 3:48 PM
  • I guess there's no way to install the NPS management console on a Windows 10 1803 machine in order to remote connect to an NPS server and manage it?

I take it remote desktop is the only way to do it?  I have the Active Directory management tools installed on my Windows 10 workstation and I can do everything from ADUC, ADAC, ASAS, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, etc... but surprisingly the NPS console is missing.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 3:38 PM