Windows 7 CLFS.sys Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday I installed Visual Studio 2013 which required a reboot. Immediately after rebooting the system I got a BSOD caused by clfs.sys with error 0x50 and the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I tried LITERALLY everything I found online (including related topics posted here) but none worked. At this point, I can't even boot to Windows. It immediately crashes on the loading logo.

So I gave up and decided to reinstall the OS. After inserting the bootable USB, I still get the same BSOD!!! I don't understand why this happens when trying to install a clean version. This didn't make sense to me, so I used Bootable Partition Wizard and completely wiped out and formatted my C: drive hoping it would at least let me reinstall Windows. Surprisingly that didn't help either. I still get a blue screen when booting into the installation disc.

I'm totally lost at this point. What is going on? How could this possibly happen when booting into the installation disc?? Do I have to do something with the master boot record? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:03 AM

Answers

• It seems like the problem was with my hard drive. I took it out and the system works fine with just the SSD.
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:27 PM

All replies

• AM

Could be hardware, MBR/EUFI, a corrupt win 7 image, or many other things.  So where are you now?  Is there any bootible OS on the system?  Have you tried booting into safe mode (F8)?

If you cannot boot you have a brick.  If you are comfortable with it you may need to start pulling out hardware to see if you can it to boot in any manner, or perhaps take the HD to another computer, etc.

Should you ever get to where you can boot we need the DMP files to diagnose

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

BCC 50 is usually a driver

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Edited by ZigZag3143x Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. I know for a fact that the image is fine (tried it on a different computer). I could boot into safe mode without any problems but that was before I wiped out my C: drive. The only [recent] hardware change that was made was an SSD drive. I'll pull it out and see what happens.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:49 PM
  • AM

Try updating the SSD firmware.  That is often a sticking point.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:55 PM
  • It seems like the problem was with my hard drive. I took it out and the system works fine with just the SSD.
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:27 PM
  • AM

Thanks for letting us know

Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:04 AM