Syncing large calendar from SharePoint 2007 to Outlook 2007 or 2010 gives errors RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sync a very large sharepoint calendar with Outlook 2007 and 2010.  I get the following error:

Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x8000-4005): 'An error occurred in this SharePoint List.  Try Updating the folder again.  If the problem continues, contact the SharePoint site administrator.  HTTP 500. The server returned the following error message:  Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException'was thrown. 

This is the only calendar out of several that is having this problem.  When I tried to make a template of the calendar with all of the content included it failed with a "Server out of Memory" error.  When I tried to create a template of just the calendar I was successful.  I am thinking this calendar is to large.  How can I tell?  What is the limitation on lists when syncing to Outlook? 

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:15 PM

All replies

• Just had the same problem.  I can't speak to limits on the size of calendar lists, but after deleting a number of entries in my calendar (~52,000), the problem went away.
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:01 PM