Hyper V Virtual Switch disables the Networking Connection of Windwos Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Dears,

I have HP Server running with Windows Server 2012 R2 on Local Network.

Yesterday I have created a External virtual switch( I have a NIC team already configured with two NICs 1 Gbps each as active with team mode switch independent and load balancing Dynamic, both connected with same switch. and a static IP is configured on Team.)  on the server to connect my virtual machine (Running Windows Server 2008 ) to local network .

At first it was Good. Virtual Switch take overs my Team and Got same Static IP which was configured on Team.

(so I were having 2 NICs, 1 Team and 1 Virtual Switch in my Network Connections and only Virtual Switch was having IP.)

I have made a connection to my Virtual machine ( VM got dynamic IP) and there were no issue with both virtual machine and Host Server.

But Later I got issue with my host server it was having limited connection and in mean time I was able ping my VM even I make remote desktop connection and it was OK.

But Host server was not responding at all. I tried to ping and Remote desktop connection still Got no response.

I check the server physically there was limited network sign on both network icons.

i shutdown virtual machine still nothing happen. then i deleted virtual switch and got my server back online to the network.

Anybody can explain what can be the reason to this issue.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May not be relevant but I recently experienced a similar issue on a Dell R720 with Broadcom Network adaptors, we found there was a bug in the Microsoft Teaming Driver, when we swapped to use the Broadcom Teaming solution that worked for us as it didn't use the same teaming driver.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:20 PM