Working with dates RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir I am working on what I thought to be a very simple program and fid it to be a real nightmare. I am a beginner to Visual Basic and I am using Visual Basic Express 2010. I retired recently and thought that programming would be a great hobby. What I am trying to do is calculate the start date for planting flower seeds, when you only have the number of weeks and days from sowing the seeds to flowering. The information you have is 1.The number of days for the seed to germinate. 2. The number of weeks to finish plant after transplanting to their final container. (This comes from the seed catalog). You need to add the weeks and days together for a total. 3. The only constant figure is the date you want to have the plant to bloom, that is always Fifth month/first Friday of the fifth month/and the year. What I want to calculate is the month, day, and year to sow the seed and have it appear in a textbox in Date format. Any help that you can give me would be gratefully appreciated. John A. Marsico
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:23 AM

Answers