Windows Virtual XP not attaching to USB devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am having a problem with the Virtual Windows XP machine not allowing me to attach to USB devices.

When i select the USB menu and select any USB device in the list to attach.

Windows comes back with the message. "Could not attach the USB device. You can attach the USB device to a different USB port or restart the virtual machine and try again."

The only device i can get to attach is a built in web cam that is integral to the Dell M6800 laptop. Also in the VM if you pullup the device manager, there are 3 yellow "?" that are labeled "Virtual PC Integration Device"

Integration is enabled in the VM.

I have already removed the Virtual XP machine, re-installed it. Also removed the "USB Virtualization Connector Driver, and let it be re-discovered. No change same result.

Help

Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:26 PM

Answers

• XP Mode is not able to recognize and communicate with USB 3.0 ports.  It can only communicate with USB 2.0 and older ports.  According to the specs posted by Dell you have only one USB 2.0 port that is an eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by blair deng Friday, February 21, 2014 9:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:59 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:19 PM