none
DPM agent installation failed Unspecified error RRS feed

• Question

• Install protection agent on N81-WIN456-SEA.scvmm.ourcp.com failed:
    Error 347: An error occurred when the agent operation attempted to create the DPM Agent Coordinator service on N81-WIN456-SEA.scvmm.ourcp.com.
    Error details: Unspecified error
    Recommended action: Verify that the Agent Coordinator service on N81-WIN456-SEA.scvmm.ourcp.com is responding, if it is present. Review the error details, take the appropriate action, and then retry the agent operation. 

My server firewall on both servers are off.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:28 PM

All replies

• Try installing the agent again and once you get the error, go to the server you tried to deploy the agent to and check for errors under application/system logs.

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:15 PM
  • HI Wilson, thx for your reply.

I got this error in system logs

The DPM Agent Coordinator service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147467259.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:08 AM
  • Is a manual DPM client installation an option on that server?
    Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Yes i tired that too got this error.

DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =0x80004005, error says: Unspecified error

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi Wilson,

Hoping for a solution :-)

Monday, January 30, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Hello,

Please also check the following:

Default permissions for C:\Program files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\Temp\MTA are as follows;

NTFS Perms:
    Administrators - Local Administrators Full Control - Inherited
    DPMRADCOMTrustedMachines (local group) - Full Control This group contains the DPM Server’s machine account!!
    System - Full Control - Inherited

MTATempStore$ Share Perms: Everyone Full Control

Thanks,
    Shane

Monday, January 30, 2012 3:04 PM
  • HI Shane,

I can't find this group MTATempStore$ Share Perms, is it needed to be created first.

I m checking this permission on dpm server.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:58 AM
  • If you are familiar with procmon (http://live.sysinternals.com/procmon.exe) I'd run it while installing the agent and see if you do get any access denied (registry) or something similar while the agent is being installed...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:14 PM